Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. Probably the biggest news this week is that Blizzard’s security was breached, and passwords and other information were stolen. On the plus side, much of the information was encrypted. That said, it’s probably a good idea for you to change your password and get an authenticator, if you haven’t already. In other news, we continue to explore the Mists of Pandaria beta, and almost as exciting, the Curiosity Rover continues to explore Mars. That picture up there? It’s a color picture of another planet. How exciting is that, I ask you?
Downtime today is a series of rolling restarts starting at 5 a.m. PDT, with a handful of servers staying down until 1 p.m. PDT. Check the link to see if your server’s on the list. Whether your server’s down for 15 minutes or eight hours, we’re here to keep you busy. Read on for a roundup of the latest news.
Hot news and features
- Planning to level a monk? We have a guide for you.
- The background downloader is active, heralding the arrival of patch 5.0.4.
- Ghostcrawler recently commented about the rate of valor point gain in Mists of Pandaria.
- Ghostcrawler also confirmed and explained the lack of reputation gaining tabards in Mists.
- With Theramore about to fall on hard times, we take a look back at its history.
- Alas, the new Theramore scenario will not be tested on the PTR.
- Blizzard will be hosting a series of community round tables at gamescom 2012.